Are you facing problems on a daily or weekly basis that you are running out of mailbox space in outlook?
Here, we are providing you with all the solutions related to managing mailbox space in outlook. Before we start feathering.
In many organizations, Outlook is one of the most important and very common parts of their organizations that are used on a daily basis. Outlook makes your work easier. So many organizations on this date are depending on outlook.
Now we are discussing running out of mailbox space in outlook
Many mailboxes in outlook come with 50GB maximum mail space on their mailbox by default. This can be increased to 100 GB with the right license.
If the size of the mailbox reaches the limit which is set by their administration. So outlook starts working slowly and after some time it will stop working.
If you are seeing the error that your mailbox is running out of mailbox spaces in outlook or anything related to this, there are 2 most effective ways to fix this error.
1. Cleaning Up the mailbox
There are plenty of ways to clean up the mailbox when you’re running out of mailbox spaces in outlook. The most efficient thing to do is delete all the emails manually which is not important for you. After that empty the trash can.
The very important thing is emails are not actually deleted until they are deleted from the trash.
After manually categorizing through the mail, It is best to run an archive. An archive will take all the emails older than the date you selected, and move them into their own fill. Where it is not counted on the mailbox.
You are still able to see or use these emails, but they’ll be on a separate file. The archive will store any item which you don’t want to delete but isn’t needed immediately.
How you can run an archive
Steps to run Archive for running out of mailbox space in outlook
- First, you have to open Outlook, go to the “File” menu on the top left side then click on the “Tools” after that click on the “clean up old items”.
- Then you have to open the archive menu and select the items you want to include on the archive task( if you want to include everything then click on the very top option) and select the date. Every mail before this date is going to be archived.
- When you select your options and click on the “OK” button you can see an archive status on the bottom right of the outlook pane. This can take some time depending on how many items were archived. ( Note: Remember not to close outlook or shut down the computer during this process.)
- Once this archive process is finished, You can see a separate mailbox appearance on the left-hand side. On that archive folder, you can find three options: Deleted items, drafts, and search folders.
- If you want you can add other archive files or data files. Or check on which files you have added. By going to the field then account settings.
After completing this process, you might notice that the mailbox size is not going down. At some point, the size won’t change until you rebuild the profile or force it to re-syn.
2. Rebuild the Outlook Profile
Steps to rebuild the outlook for running out of mailbox space in outlook
- First, you have to open the Windows control panel and go to the “Mail” item. When the mail item is open then click on the “Show profile”.
- Click on the “Add” on the page that pops up on the right and give the profile a name.
- Next, you have to enter the user’s information on the next page.
- When you fill in the correct information related to the user, you should see the check marks and a notification letting you know your profile is now created.
- Now, you go back to the main profile page, make sure the new profile is selected as the default when Outlook will open and after that, your process is complete for running out of mailbox space in outlook.
If you want to know ⇒: How to manage PST files in Outlook?